Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Birthday Garland

This is perhaps the easiest (and cutest!) craft idea EVER!  I've been looking for inexpensive but stylish decorating ideas for Kate's upcoming 2nd birthday party, and I have found it!  I first saw the idea on Sweet and Lovely Crafts where the author designed and decorated for a rainbow party.  What a fun idea!  I will be making this garland for many parties to come!

Step 1:  Gather supplies
- 2 inch scallop circle paper punch (scrapbook supply section of JoAnn's)
- rainbow colored cardstock

Step 2:  Punch circles  All of the circles came from a single sheet of paper each.

Step 3:  Put them in rainbow order

Step 4:  Sew them in a row, one after the other.  This went really fast once I got the hang of it.  I lined one of the scallops with the needle guide on my basic foot.  I didn't even have to stop the needle once I got going.  I sewed a 20 foot banner in about 5 minutes.


Voila!  You have a fun, colorful birthday banner!  I got the colored cardstock at JoAnn's for about $3.99.    The paper punch was $14.99, but I'm going to pretend I already had that (like a good crafter should) and not count that toward the budget!

5 comments:

  1. Super cute!! I wish I were crafty! :) -Casey Sturrock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh. I love that! I need to try that. Bet you could use other shapes to provided that they would feed straight into your machine to make a garland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely, Lindsey! I have since made 3 more! :) I'm going to put them in the trees outside if it's not windy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks awesome. It really did go quite fast once you started it- didn't it!?

    ReplyDelete